PayPal

Thursday, March 02, 2017

‘Hey, What about Us?! We Don’t Want to Miss the Revolution!’ Retired ABC News Operatives and Late Communist News Reader Peter Jennings’ Widow Join the MSM’s War on President Trump, with Petition to DPUSA Propaganda Front; Much of MSM Refuse to Permit Any Reader Criticism

 

“President Donald Trump gestures as he arrives on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017, for his address to a joint session of Congress. (Jim Lo Scalzo/Pool Image via AP)”
 

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

Trump-hating media activists are either being barred from briefings, or are boycotting them, in solidarity with their barred comrades.

I think it’s great. Sean Spicer will simply call on reporters from outlets which are not conspiring to topple the lawfully-elected government of the United States of America, outlets, many of which were previously ignored.

I just hope that Trump and Spicer don’t back down.

On Wednesday, ABC News President James Goldston said,
We’ve expressed our concerns to the White House that it operates in a way that’s open, transparent and fair. And we will continue to stand with our colleagues who cover the White House and to protest when any government official fails to live up to those standards.
“The letter called last Friday’s incident ‘an alarming new development enacted by an administration that has declared war on respected news outlets.’”

Project much?

What about the MSM operating “in a way that’s open, transparent and fair,” instead of like a bunch of communist conspirators committing sedition?
 

Former ABC News employees urge strong stand against Trump
KSN/The Associated Press
March 1, 2017, 1:29 p.m.
[Absolutely no comments permitted by KSN, which used to permit them!]

NEW YORK (AP) — More than 230 former ABC News correspondents, executives and producers have signed a letter urging the network’s current top executive to take a firm stand against any Trump administration effort to curtail press access.

The letter, which circulated on a Facebook forum for ex-ABC News employees, was written after White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held an informal briefing last Friday excluding several news organizations that have done stories angering President Donald Trump and his team.

Signees ask ABC News President James Goldston to “take a public stand. Refuse to take part in any future White House briefings based on an invitation list of who’s in/who’s out.”

The petition was due to be delivered on Wednesday.

“We’ve expressed our concerns to the White House that it operates in a way that’s open, transparent and fair,” Goldston said Wednesday. “And we will continue to stand with our colleagues who cover the White House and to protest when any government official fails to live up to those standards.”

Signees include Reagan-era White House correspondent Sam Donaldson and former ABC reporters Ken Kashiwahara, Jeanne Meserve and Lynn Sherr. Among the executives are four former executive producers of “World News Tonight” and top leaders at “Nightline,” ”20/20″ and “Good Morning America.” Prominent news executives Rick Kaplan, Bill Lord, Paul Friedman, Av Westin and Tom Yellin signed, along with documentarian and the late anchor Peter Jennings’ widow, Kayce Freed Jennings.

The letter called last Friday’s incident “an alarming new development enacted by an administration that has declared war on respected news outlets.”

Trump has included ABC News in his labeling of media organizations that are the “enemy of the American people” and “fake news.” ABC was included in Spicer’s briefing last Friday, where access was denied to CNN, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Politico and BuzzFeed. Reporters from other organizations, including The Associated Press, USA Today and Time magazine, refused to attend the briefing in protest.

The ABC News reporter in the briefing, Cecilia Vega, asked Spicer why the other news organizations were excluded and shared audio of the briefing with people who weren’t included. The White House has said that with space limited in Spicer’s office, they included “pool” reporters who share information in instances where there isn’t enough room for the entire press corps.

In calling for Goldston to speak out, the letter from former ABC Newsers noted a strong public protest by Dean Baquet, executive editor of The New York Times, and statements by The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg that they would not participate in future briefing where reporters are barred.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let them eat (shit)cake.No law says the White House has to be cooperative with a group that is in cahoots with the opposition party (and probably some Republicans as well).
The media deserves whatever rotten treatment it receives.They want to pile on the abuse and expect the victim to take it and smile--as in a domestic abuse situation.The White House is doing what all abuse victims should do--not take it.Separate.Give out daily briefings and that's all,until they grow up and be respectful.Spoiled brats need discipline.
--GR Anonymous